Wednesday, April 1, 2009

American Tea Party



Alice looks like I feel right now. Stop the insanity and let me go back to my nice little life!

But there's this tea party...and we're all invited..... to participate in mailing a tea bag to President Obama to remind him of the way we feel about big government and increased taxes.
The Postal Service is already complaining that tea will mess up their sorting machines, so I'm sending a picture of a tea bag that I scanned and printed. I thought I'd send one to my favorite gal Nancy Pelosi and one to Harry Reid as well as the President and the three Congressional representatives from my District.


This way I can send my tea and drink it too! (Sorry!)
The tea bags or facsimiles are supposed to be mailed tomorrow April 1.
President Barack Obama
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington, DC 20500
^
Senator Harry Reid
522 Hart SOB (or Senate Office Building,)
Washington, DC 20510-2803
*
Senator John McCain
241 Russell SOB
Washington, DC 20510
*
Senator John Kyle
730 Hart SOB
Washington, DC 20510
*
Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick
1123 Longworth HOB
Washington, DC 20515
*
For anyone who wants to find the address or research the voting record of any legislator from their district or any other, Project Vote Smart is a great tool.
This is a chance for Americans to join together to make themselves heard as one entity by their representatives in Congress! I'm making these my letter(s) for the day!
Now, just for fun a little biology 101.


3 comments:

  1. Excellent idea! I wouldn't want to waste my tea on Obama anyway! bah!

    Hey, have you had any problems acessing the Tea Party Tax website? It doesn't work for me anymore. :(

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. DUH!!! I just watched that video! What an idiot!

    Embryos ARE fertilized! They WILL become babies!
    Yikes!
    And he went to college?

    Gah!!!

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I heard that someone's already been spooked by an envelope of loose green tea:)
    I got the tax tea site, so maybe they were down for maintainence.

    Re the video. These guys are liberal arts students and lawyers. They obviously didn't major in sience, although they pretend they know all about everything. It'd be sad if it weren't so scary!

    ReplyDelete